Welcome to the wonderful world of Turbot!
The following getting started guide provides new Turbot Admins a step by step walk through of how to learn the fundamentals of Turbot. For those just getting started in a Free Trial, please follow the directions below to sign up. If you are already a customer of Turbot, please reach out to your local Turbot Admin for access to your current environment.
- Overview: Enterprise Governance | Product Overview | Overview Slides
- Product Demos: Governance Controls | AWS | Azure | GCP
- Concepts: Overview of Turbot concepts such as Policies, Controls, and Guardrails. Each of these are fundamental cornerstones to how Turbot functions!
- Cloud Integrations: Read about how you can connect your cloud accounts to Turbot to begin automatically remediating and deploying resources!
Turbot offers a free trial for interested organizations. To get started with your free trial, two items are needed:
- Sign up for your Turbot.com account: This is used for granting access to your Free Trial Turbot Workspace. At least one team member needs to sign up, more can be added at the start or later. Click here for more info
- Schedule your Free Trial onboarding call with us
The form will also ask you the following to help us prepare your environment:
- Add guests to the invite you would like to join the onboarding (or forward them the invite later)
- Which Turbot Cloud (SaaS) environment do you prefer your Turbot Workspace to reside in? US or EU
- List the turbot.com usernames being granted first access to the environment
Which Cloud Provider(s) are you focusing on for testing? AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
- For AWS, please list any regions beyond us-east-1 you will be testing. (for simplicity we focus on your preferred regions)
- For AWS, we support over 125 services but for simplicity start with a small subset of Turbot mods to get started. Please list any services preferred for testing beyond: CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Config, EC2, IAM, KMS, Lambda, S3, SNS, VPC
- Comments, Questions, Areas of Focus
Ahead of your onboarding call you will receive login instructions.
Any questions? Reach out to your Turbot contact, or Turbot Sales.
Once you have received your login URL from Turbot, follow the steps below to log into your Turbot Workspace.
- Go to your dedicated Turbot Workspace URL. This will either be given to you by Turbot or defined by the organization. Reach out to your Turbot contact if there are questions.
- Select the turbot.com directory option in the dropdown menu. This will only appear for new SaaS customers and free trial users. This directory name might be different if the Turbot application is being hosted internally.
- Select Login with Turbot. This will re-direct you to the sign in page. More info can be found on our Turbot User Sign Up docs.
If you are using the turbot.com authentication method, first have your team member create a free account on our User Sign Up Page.
- Log into the Workspace with the authentication method of choice.
- Immediately upon logging in, a new user profile is created. We can now assign permissions to this user.
- Go to the Permissions tab designated by user icon.
- Click the green Grant Permissions button.
- Leave the resource scope as
- In the Identities field, type in the user name. Select the profile in the drop down menu.
- Click the Permissions field and select
- Click the Grant button.
- Your team member will now have the same level of permissions as yourself. These can be modified in the future to be more specific.
Congrats! Now that you have signed in (and optionally added a team member to the workspace), we need to import a cloud account for Turbot to manage. Click the following link to get going! Additionally, you can use the nav bar on the left to jump to a specific subsection.